Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thanks, Mrs. M!

Well, Hannah's teacher is a sweetheart and let me borrow a tool to finish a project......so I thought it would be nice to send a thank-you treat. This truly took maybe 10 minutes to make.

The paper base is 4 1/4" wide X 5", scored at 2 1/2" & folded in half. I used a 2 1/2" scalloped circle punch & cut away approximately 1/3 of the shape. The chipboard 'm' is by Heidi Swapp & I used a sanding block (from the paint section in your local hardware store) to distress it.

I scored big time finding this ribbon (so dang cute!) & had just enough left for this little treat. I tied the ribbon through only the front side of the paper, but have also made these with the ribbon tied through both sides of the paper, & if your bags aren't too heavy, you can skip the staples and use the ribbon to hold the bag inside the topper.

I inked the paper edges with charcoal, but a brown would work too. The cellophane bag is about 4" wide & pleated on the sides, so I cut my paper to 4 1/4" wide to compensate for the bag being full. I filled it with Natural Fruit Jellies from Trader Joe's, folded the top down, & covered it with the paper topper.

Truly, the most challenging part about making this was lining up the bag of candy with the topper to be able to staple it closed. The perfectionist in me is horrified that you can see the staples, but it really isn't that noticeable, right?! Right.

These are ideal for goodie bags at birthday parties, favors at showers & receptions, you name it! Cute & easy. Enjoy!
-Shannon

1 comment: