Thursday, January 28, 2010

Vintage Valentines












Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I have a few cards to show off!
These are fairly basic, standard size (4 1/4"x5 1/2") and super easy to 'scraplift'. I used only one sheet of 12x12 patterned paper by Rusty Pickle for all 4 cards, and another bitty scrap of Rusty Pickle paper for the 2 scalloped tags. My card bases are a little different than typical Valentine's colors to coordinate with the vintage feel of my pattern choice.
I used a few favorite punches on these cards & this time also punched the tags, circles, & hearts out of a lightweight cardboard to back the paper punches and give them a little more depth & durability. The pieces for the face have been cut 1/4" smaller than the card base (4"x5 1/4"), the corners rounded, & then inked with a charcoal Cateye inkpad. I chose a couple of cute scenes from the paper to punch out with a 2 1/2" circle punch which have also been inked. They all have American Crafts rub-ons from their miniMARKS line, which go on very easy, some of my favorites!
Enjoy these cards and keep your eyes open for more! :)











1 comment: