Friday, January 8, 2010

Martini Box







Cocktails, anyone? I found this kraft box at Michael's and it sat on my
desk for a while before I came up with this design.

I inked all edges of the box with a Charcoal cateye to coordinate better with my paper choices and removed the handle that was originally attached to the box. The pink ribbon around the lower half is a vintage Decorette brand by 3M that I acquired through a good friends' Grandma (Thank you, Meadow & Millie!).

I attached the martini gift tag to the lid by setting an eyelet through the black ribbon band with my Crop-o-Dile. The back of the tag is blank to allow for personalization. The tag is just 2 pieces of Black Bling paper backed onto each other with the corners rounded.

As always, when I cover a 'blank', I cut my paper just slightly smaller (typically 1/8") than the surface I am covering. Another technique you can try is to cut your paper the same size as the surface, adhere, and then sand the paper down to give your item a distressed look.
This box is meant for wine, but I love this martini paper by Creative Imaginations. The pink paper is an older Heidi Grace design (one of my favorites!) & I think it adds the right amount of 'girly' & goes great with my vintage ribbon.
Don't be afraid to try this with your paper choices and get carried away creating!
-Shannon











No comments:

Post a Comment