Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christy's mini-book

This is a mini-book I made for a friend who is bravely battling breast cancer & I just wanted to show my support for her and other fighters/survivors as well as breast cancer awareness.
I found the star-shaped chipboard book at Michael's. I covered the pages front and back and left them mostly blank so she could add photos and/or thoughts about this journey. Since I had to use the chipboard as a template to trace & cut, the pages end up a bit bigger & after I adhered them, I sanded down the edges with a sanding block. I chose the Super Girl paper to tie in to her positive kick-butt attitude about this disease.
I am inspired by her courage and proud of her fight.









2 comments:

  1. Thank you shannon! It's the sweetest gift! You are so talented!! I'm inspired by your craftiness! I hope to someday reach that level!! =) Cute idea to use the Supergirl paper! LOVE IT!
    Your friend,
    Christy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thats so amazing! I love all the stuff you make!

    ReplyDelete